Tell us yours for a chance to win $25!
What do YOU think would make Lansing a better place in which to live, work and play? Our Community Foundation wants to know! Penny for Your Thoughts is a community -wide contest for ideas to make Lansing vibrant.
The top 100 ideas will win a $25 cash prize and finalists will be selected for implementation – you may really see your idea come to life!
This year’s area of focus is the Michigan Avenue corridor, from the Capitol to Abbot Road. We want to hear about the projects you think would enhance our community’s sense of place – something that will evolve over time and reflect the social values within the community. What social values do you want to see represented?
Our 2017 big idea categories are:
- Arts, culture & entertainment
- Parks & outdoor structures
- Public buildings & destinations
- Land & building development/rehabilitation
- Streetscapes & landscaping
Submissions are closed for this year’s contest, but we welcome your feedback on the ideas that have been submitted. React to others’ ideas here!
The 2017 Penny for Your Thoughts Timeline:
- February 20: Open for submissions and public comment on website
- March 20: Deadline for submissions
- April: Top 100 ideas selected for $25 prize
- May: Final projects approved for implementation
- June-Sept: Fundraising
- Sept: Project implementation begins
About Our Community Foundation:
The Community Foundation is passionate about creating vibrant, thriving communities throughout the capital region. The Foundation works with donors to meet their unique charitable goals, makes grants and leads innovative projects that drive community growth. The Community Foundation is a tax-exempt public charity that serves the charitable needs and enhances the quality of life for people in Ingham, Clinton and Eaton counties.
Learn more about who we are and what we do.
Photo courtesy of LEAP